Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day Sucks



Dear Reader,

In the spirit of utter predictability, I have decided to begin this new year with a little bit of a detox for my poor, abused body.  Nothing too serious, I shall steer clear of any Master Cleanse-style regimen which inspires raging diarrhea and hallucinations.  For me it will be the time tested avoidance of all things that are worth living for - booze, sugar, potatoes, pasta, rice, bread, etc.  Ugh, dreading it already.

I've been planning this for a while, like since October, so as you can imagine, I've been gorging myself pretty well.  For example, yesterday I consumed the following:

10 AM:
Whole wheat bagel with sausage and egg
Double espresso
Large orange juice

1 PM:
Ham and Cheese on a big, fluffy roll with mayo, mustard and Peppadew peppers
Large Diet Coke
Potato Chips

3 PM:
Pizza

7 PM:
Singapore Mai-Fan
Lettuce Wraps
Spring Rolls
Spinach and cheese fried won ton things
Fried Mushroom things
Sweet and Sour something or other
Coconut Rice
Sauvignon Blanc
Raspberry Napoleon
Mango Pudding

9 PM- 12 AM:
Chips
Dips
Fudge (3 varieties, chocolate, walnut, chocolate-walnut)
Minty Petit Fours
One bottle champagne

1:30 AM:
Just before bed realized that I wouldn't be eating for a while, so obviously ate a meatball sandwich on a big, fluffy roll, with Peppadew peppers.
Out of champagne, so had several glasses of wine.

I woke up this morning, remarkably chipper, perhaps because it was 10:30, but I am ready for my detox, fattened up like a bear ready for hibernation.  This week I shall attempt to log here all the food I have eaten, in effort to keep me on track.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I like your plan of eating healthy and posting about it. I was confused at first because I saw your later posts with very little written in them. But now I see where it is all coming from. Good luck with your attempts at being healthy! I'll see if I can do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. NOW.