Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things For Which I Am Thankful

Dear Reader,

I am thankful for a lot of things.  A lot.  Like my children and my husband, and my family and my friends. But also I am thankful for cocktails.  If you are still trying to figure out what to serve with your turkey, here is a delicious concoction that will go perfectly with not only said fowl, but all those side dishes as well.  I heard about the Stone Fence on the Rachel Maddow show after she was served one at a White House cocktail party.  It turns out that this was the favorite drink of Thomas Jefferson, so what could be more perfect on this most American of days?  Cheers.

Stone Fence

Apple Jack, Brandy, or Bourbon
Apple Cider
Dash Bitters
Sprig of mint

Add each to a glass in proportions according to your taste for booze.  Plop in a couple of ice cubes.  Drink.


I must also give a shout out of thanks to the University of Kansas Hospital and the Richard and Annette Block Cancer Care Pavilion for taking such great care of my mother.  Much appreciation sent to Kansas.  Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. NOW.