Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Dear Reader,

This New Year's Eve finds me sick to death of holidays, coming down with a cold and feeling appropriately reflective.  On the first day of this decade I woke up at 6 PM with a crashing hangover, ordered a pizza from Domino's, watched Jurassic Park on television and went back to sleep.  So many horrific things have transpired in the years since, to be sure. But so many spectacularly awesome things, too.  Things I could never have imagined on that day, even if I had gotten out of bed.  I met my husband, got married, had children and published a book.  Tonight I will celebrate, not with all-night parties fueled by gin and irresponsibility - that's kid's stuff.  Tonight I will be with my family and copious amounts of champagne, because now I am a grown up and can't get a sitter.  Happy New Year!


New Year's Eve 2000


New Year's Eve 2009

2 comments:

  1. happy new year to you all. what will happen in the next decennium that can top all that happened in the last.... more of the love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! My husband and I were just talking about this. When we first met almost nine years ago, we would have been out partying until all hours of the night on NYE. But now that we are parents, there is nothing we love more than staying at home with our son and just being together as a family. My, how times change!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. NOW.