Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weekly update!

I haven't been able to post anything in a while as I have been really self-absorbed and lazy, constantly googling myself and generally messing around on the computer doing all kinds of things that are entirely unproductive and useless. I thought I would share with you some of the fruits of my labor.

Amazon offers a great program that allows people to review stuff.
Fortunately the large majority of reviews for my book have been great. For example Katie Osborne called it “Laugh out loud funny” and thanks to NaughtiLiterati who said, “This is the funniest and most fun cookbook I've ever read.” And I want to give a special shout-out to Gordon M. Wagner who said, “I keep wanting to use the word 'laser' for just how precise the humor is -- sharp and biting, yet completely charming.” But then I came across this one by a fellow who goes by the moniker MagicSkip:


The other thing about this book is that it is NOT, as you might expect (in spite of the title), emotional comfort foods to make you feel BETTER when you're down -- it really is recipes for "self-loathing"; stuff that you could pig out on and end up feeling worse than you did before. Seriously. "Double Crust Apple Pie for Recreational Bulimics" has about two sentences of pie-prep, followed by "Actually, you're just going to throw it up anyway. Forget it." and don't even get me started on the "Cocktail Nibblers for Alcoholics".
Don't read this book depressed -- it will push you over the edge.


MagicSkip plunked down one lousy star for his rating. So I thought I would take a look at who this magic man is.


MagicSkip has reviews for all sorts of things! For example he simply adores his Bucket Boss Brand Mug Boss saying, “The best thing is that it lets people know that in your heart-of-hearts, you are a hands-on TOOL PERSON.” He also has fond feelings for Caldrea Dish Soap and would have given it five stars but for the fact that, “When I squirt it on a messy pan, it doesn't stick to where I squirted it.” And don’t get him started on The Switch Black Cherry Drink, “When I get more, I want to try it as a mixer with vodka.”


Alas, my book is not alone on the list of things MagicSkip does not like. For example he did not at all appreciate the children’s book Guess How Much I Love You, railing, “Little Nutbrown Hare (why couldn't he/she have a NAME?!?!?)” And he says of the Whole Spice Chipotle Chili Powder, “When I sprinkle it into a sauce, enough of it enters the air and I end up inhaling it, and it feels like I'm burning my nose. YUCK!”


That’s the wonderful thing about the Internet. It offers a little window into the life and mind of someone else. And it lets you see what you look like with someone else’s hair.


First Lady Heather Obama


Posh Whaley Spice

Heather Gosselin. Don't get any ideas, Jon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. NOW.